The 0.5 release of Mono.Addins comes packed with new features, including:
- User defined custom attributes can now be used to declare extensions and add-in metadata.
- The new AddinEngine class allows hosting several independent add-in engines in a single application domain.
- Improved lazy loading of add-ins. More information is now lazy loaded.
- An XML manifest can now be split in several files embedded as resources in an assembly.
- More add-in information can be declared using custom attributes instead of an XML manifest: author list, imported files and assemblies, optional modules, localizers.
- Added new API based on generic methods and collections.
- New MSBuild tasks file and target, which allows using add-in references directly in a build file (still experimental).
- Reorganized the samples directory.
- Many bug fixes.