This project is read-only.
1
Vote

Another "Could not read add-in description" bug

description

I just got a crash, which is very similar to this other issue I fixed some time ago (http://monoaddins.codeplex.com/workitem/6901) but is not the same because the stacktrace varies a bit.

Unfortunately the bug is not reproducible 100% of the times (I ran it again and it disappeared), but at least I now have a stacktrace with line numbers!:

An unhandled exception was thrown: Could not read add-in description

at Mono.Addins.Addin.get_Description () [0x0006a] in /home/andres1204/mono-addins/Mono.Addins/Mono.Addins/Addin.cs:261
at Mono.Addins.TreeNode.ResetCachedData () [0x0003b] in /home/andres1204/mono-addins/Mono.Addins/Mono.Addins/TreeNode.cs:345
at Mono.Addins.TreeNode.ResetCachedData () [0x0007d] in /home/andres1204/mono-addins/Mono.Addins/Mono.Addins/TreeNode.cs:349
at Mono.Addins.TreeNode.ResetCachedData () [0x0007d] in /home/andres1204/mono-addins/Mono.Addins/Mono.Addins/TreeNode.cs:349
at Mono.Addins.TreeNode.ResetCachedData () [0x0007d] in /home/andres1204/mono-addins/Mono.Addins/Mono.Addins/TreeNode.cs:349
at Mono.Addins.ExtensionContext.ResetCachedData () [0x00000] in /home/andres1204/mono-addins/Mono.Addins/Mono.Addins/ExtensionContext.cs:109
at Mono.Addins.AddinEngine.ResetCachedData () [0x00051] in /home/andres1204/mono-addins/Mono.Addins/Mono.Addins/AddinEngine.cs:482
at Mono.Addins.Database.AddinDatabase.ResetCachedData () [0x00023] in /home/andres1204/mono-addins/Mono.Addins/Mono.Addins.Database/AddinDatabase.cs:957
at Mono.Addins.Database.AddinDatabase.Update (IProgressStatus monitor, System.String domain) [0x00107] in /home/andres1204/mono-addins/Mono.Addins/Mono.Addins.Database/AddinDatabase.cs:1051
at Mono.Addins.Database.AddinDatabase.Repair (IProgressStatus monitor, System.String domain) [0x00099] in /home/andres1204/mono-addins/Mono.Addins/Mono.Addins.Database/AddinDatabase.cs:1011
at Mono.Addins.AddinRegistry.Rebuild (IProgressStatus monitor) [0x00000] in /home/andres1204/mono-addins/Mono.Addins/Mono.Addins/AddinRegistry.cs:626
at Banshee.ServiceStack.ServiceManager.InitializeAddins () [0x00076] in /home/andres1204/banshee3justcloned/src/Core/Banshee.Services/Banshee.ServiceStack/ServiceManager.cs:85
at Banshee.ServiceStack.ServiceManager.DefaultInitialize () [0x00006] in /home/andres1204/banshee3justcloned/src/Core/Banshee.Services/Banshee.ServiceStack/ServiceManager.cs:119
at Banshee.ServiceStack.Application.Initialize () [0x00001] in /home/andres1204/banshee3justcloned/src/Core/Banshee.Services/Banshee.ServiceStack/Application.cs:80
at Banshee.Gui.GtkBaseClient.Initialize (Boolean registerCommonServices) [0x00011] in /home/andres1204/banshee3justcloned/src/Core/Banshee.ThickClient/Banshee.Gui/GtkBaseClient.cs:143
at Banshee.Gui.GtkBaseClient..ctor (Boolean initializeDefault, System.String defaultIconName) [0x00015] in /home/andres1204/banshee3justcloned/src/Core/Banshee.ThickClient/Banshee.Gui/GtkBaseClient.cs:95
at Banshee.Gui.GtkBaseClient..cto

comments

knocte wrote Oct 21, 2012 at 11:16 PM

BTW this is with mono-addins version 6fbda9e8131f12c6e40a996328990d3d10f1ee3f

wrote Feb 14, 2013 at 9:21 PM

knocte wrote Jun 12, 2013 at 3:14 PM

Sent a PR to try to fix this: https://github.com/mono/mono-addins/pull/7