Mono.Addins 0.1 is the first official release of the library.
The main features in this release are:
- Supports descriptions of add-ins using custom attributes (for simple and common extensions) or using an xml manifest (for more complex extensibility needs).
- Support for add-in hierarchies, where add-ins may depend on other add-ins.
- Lazy loading of add-ins.
- Provides an API for accessing to add-in descriptions, which will allow building development and documentation tools for handling add-ins.
- Dynamic activation / deactivation of add-ins at run time.
- Allows sharing add-in registries between applications, and defining arbitrary add-in locations.
- Allows implementing extensible libraries.
- In addition to the basic add-in engine, it provides a Setup library to be used by applications which want to offer basic add-in management features to users, such as enabling/disabling add-ins, or installing add-ins from on-line repositories.