mono-addins - HelloWorldWithManifest - Does not work as expected

Oct 24, 2016 at 3:31 PM
Edited Oct 24, 2016 at 3:45 PM
Hello everyone,

I was trying to use Mono.Addin framework. For this reason I downloaded samples from GitHub here https://github.com/mono/mono-addins/tree/master/Samples/HelloWorldWithManifest.

I am using VS 2015 Community. From the beggining I did not manage to run this HelloWorld application and therefore changed for both projects target .NET Framework to version 4.5. Then I added a Mono.Addins 1.3.1 NuGet package to HelloWorld project.

But after all this exemple executes well but it did not find any extension objects. So I have no errors , but AddinManager.GetExtensionObjects returns zero results.
Short Video Example in DropBox
Source Code that I run

I changed nothing in files like .cs or .xml.

Could you please help me.

Thanks in advance.

Best regards, Alex.
Oct 26, 2016 at 6:37 AM
Edited Oct 26, 2016 at 6:38 AM
To make it work I had to change in VS Build Action for *.addin.xml files from 'Embedded Resource' to 'Content' and make sure that these files always copied to output directory by setting Copy to Output Directory to 'Copy always'.

But in this case it will create 'addin-db-002' folder with files and also I will have a lot of other files in my output directory. For example all *.addin.xml files.
I am just wondering why it does not work with Embedded Resources in my case. Did I miss something?